Thank you to everyone who supported us, shared Toby’s story, donated to support a family, referred families (near and far) needing a monitor, encouraged us, and continue to believe in our mission to grow in 2020.
2019 was pretty amazing and we were continually reminded of Toby’s work from Heaven and presence in our lives daily. Although the heartache from his absence and the constant surge of grief is a piece of our lives that will never subside. No matter how long he has been gone from our arms.
We hope you enjoy this reflection of the last 12 months and a glimpse of the amazing milestones we experienced, that have certainly laid a solid foundation for our hopes and dreams for 2020!
2019 Highlights by Month:
- January: Received and donated 40 Owlets to start the year
- February: Attended our first Owlet Summit with their team and 12 other Foundations in Utah
- March: Participated in our 3rd SIDS awareness day; Attended our first Cribs for Kids Conference
- April: Selected the amazing venue where we will host our inaugural Gala in 2020
- May: Celebrated Toby’s 3rd birthday
- June: Held our first Gala Committee meeting time begin planning for 2020
- July: Confirmed two amazing MCs for our 2020 Gala
- August: Hosted our 3rd RAOK Campaign across the Country; Lucas became a media sensation when the Steelers saw the RAOKs he was doing in memory of Toby; honored Toby’s 3rd Angelversary Date 8/24
- September: Spoke to the Monroeville Rotary and we’re honored for our Foundations mission in the community at their Gala
- October: Hosted the 2nd ‘Wave of Light’ ceremony and honored 50 babies, from across the country, who have died. Participated in the inaugural Nursery of Hope project by partnering with AHN Forbes Hospital to plant a tree on their campus.
- November: Dedication of our Nursery of Hope tree at Forbes Hospital by Dr. Rubino and the hospital team; Hosted our first Holiday Campaign to have Finley the Fox’s purchased for patients at Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh; The Little Fox – Toby’s Foundation aired on WPXI’s Proud to be from Pittsburgh segment
- December: Hosted our 3rd annual Toy Drive to benefit Play-it-Forward Pittsburgh; Delivered Finley the Fox donations to Children’s Hospital; traveled to Tennessee to celebrate Christmas with the Knox Blocks Foundation and Grey Effect families, to celebrate our sons and brothers – Toby, Knox, and Grey.
From the bottom of our hearts, thank you for sharing in our sons legacy.
Daniel, Katie, Luke, & Zeke Stern
The Little Fox – Toby’s Foundation